Be inspired to start something new…Every once in a while we all need to press the restart button. Make today that day. You are always deserving of a second chance, so start now at being a better wife, a better mother, a better person. Make today the first day that you do something to follow your dreams. Find your bliss and dive in!
Much love, Kaki
a fairy tale life, a fairytale life, Alice and Wonderland, books, castles, fairy tales, fairytales, girls and fairy tales, imagination, little girls, make-believe, princess and the pea, secret door, sugar and spice, Tim Walker, trolls, young readers
Hey boys – you can keep your puppy dog tails; we girls are made of fantastic stuff!
Everybody knows that girls posses an inexplicable gift for the power of nurture, compassion, and virtue. It’s certainly no secret that her sweetness is beyond compare. Her spice is what shapes her spirit, as well as ignites her endearing drive to hold fast to hope, even against seemingly impossible odds. Most people believe that these qualities alone are enough to render her an irresistibly charming creature, who merits nothing less than devoted love. But, a true scholar on the subject would argue that a girl’s most bewitching characteristic, whether she is 4 or 104, lies in her beguiling ability to harness the magic of the Fairy-Tale Life. Maneuvering through dreamscapes of far away lands, braving enchanted forests and defeating fire breathing dragons is her most basic instinct. She is not afraid of wild imagination. She embraces immeasurable possibility. She vows always to make believe. And, she holds steadfast to the notion that a little magic can save the day. Certainly, you too have seen the evidence… fairies among the shadows? Bits of forgotten pixie dust strewn about her room? Perhaps, magic wands? Glittering crowns? Unexplained skeleton keys? Unicorn sightings where she has come and gone? Heed, take a second look- for I assure you it is there. It’s fantastic stuff, something to cherish – the magic of her Fairy-Tale Life.
With love, Kaki
I apologize to my readers. The Keeper of the Little Red Diary has been taking a break while serving as a consultant for the Carnival season in Memphis, Tennessee. Below you will find photos of Memphis’ oldest Carnival crew, Memphi, who celebrated the season in style by raising their glasses to this year’s theme “Return to Versailles.” It was such a delight to come up with ideas for this fabulous group of revelers. Here are some of the highlights and ideas for you to use when planning your own Marie Antoinette party.
Favorite Marie Antoinette Party Ideas:
1. Serve the cake first, at a seated dinner.
2. Chocolate snails make escargot that everyone can enjoy and they look clever on the table.
3. Encourage guests to create their own versions of the Marie Antoinette “Pouf” hairstyle.
4. Use sachets of lavender as favors (available online in bulk)
8. Encourage guests to decorate shoes similar to those worn by Marie Antoinette.
9. Dont forget the cheese course.
10. Candlelight, silver, and ribbon.
11. Valets costumed in 18th century livery are great for parking cars and opening doors.
12. Pick up porcelain figurines of 18th century gentlemen and ladies in antique malls and shops. Those made in “Occupied Japan” can be purchased for just a few dollars, and mimic Meissen figurines of the 18th century period. No one will know the difference and they work well as place card holders.
13. Wine, Champagne, Crepes, Macaroons!